Well, I knew this day would come, but I have to admit I didn't expect it to arrive quite so soon. I'm feeling pretty poorly at the moment. It all started yesterday, I'd been to the horses in the morning and completed three full muck-outs, I think they finished me off to be honest. I popped into town in the afternoon and that's when it started! Nose streaming, eyes watering and the feeling of being hit by a bus! I'd gone from feeling fine to be hauled up on the settee by 3pm with cold and flu tablets, a fluffy blanket and the mandatory hot chocolate with marshmallows.
For anyone who knows me, I don't do being ill, so much so I almost always nearly hospitalise myself through carrying on like there is nothing wrong and making myself worse. That's not really an option now though as I now work for myself. Gone are the days where I could take a sick day and still get paid. So, with that in mind, here is my survival guide for the common cold this coming Autumn;
- A fluffy blanket: There is nothing better than when you're feeling sorry for yourself to snuggle up under a fluffy blanket. Get home from work, put your house pants on and watch rubbish on the tv under that snuggly blanket, guaranteed you'll feel a teeny bit better!
- Hot drinks: Apparently hot liquids increase the temperature in your nose and mouth and help kill of viruses more quickly! Who knew?
3. Sleep: Never underestimate a good sleep, I went to bed very early last night and I do feel better. Plus if I'm sleeping I'm not wiping my nose, making it redder than Rudolphs!
- A cuddle from a puppy: We are currently looking after my parents dog's at the minute and I always feel instantly better with a snuggle from a puppy. Dog lover alert!
- Wine: I don't care what anyone says it's medicinal!